The Power of Intelligent Reporting
Automate Calculation Based Transactions
Your nonprofit, NGO or public sector organization needs to make informed, speedy and confident decisions to achieve its mission. Serenic Navigator gives you the insight you need with powerful reporting based on real-time, integrated data. A wide range of reporting tools lets you benefit from a variety of options, from basic built-in reports to sophisticated custom reporting, all determined by your organization.
The Reports You Need. When You Need Them.
Serenic Navigator is a table driven system that takes advantage of the tight integration with Microsoft® Office Excel and other Microsoft technologies to help boost productivity among more users and drive decision-making processes for better control.
Serenic Navigator includes core, or out-of-the-box, system reports such as Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Activities, Statement of Functional Expenses, aged accounts payable, cash receipts, and other typical reports your staff or board may need to see. By assigning user-defined roles and granting permissions, these reports are easily customizable based on your unique needs.
Serenic Navigator gives you several ways to query, analyze and report on your data:
- Filter/Drill Down: gives you the ability to filter, sort and drill down on data, within Serenic Navigator. You can save and re-use filters (called views) for improved productivity. The data which appears in the view can easily be exported to Excel, Microsoft Offi ce PowerPoint, Word, or attached (as HTML) to an Outlook email. Additionally, you can eliminate extra steps when printing reports by using SaveAsPDF, SaveAsWord and SaveAsExcel.
- Account Schedules: with this feature, create flexible user-defined row and column layouts that can be used interchangeably. The resulting reports can be produced in an overview mode with drill-down capability or in a printable report. In either model, the results can be exported to Excel. This simple reporting format can be used to access general ledger data, and compare budgeted expenses to actual expenses across multiple periods or fiscal years, and view expenses by functional categories like programs, admin, or fundraising.
- Analysis by Dimension: provides a three-dimensional analysis of your data and exports it automatically to pivot tables in Excel. Dimensions are used to track departments, cost/profit/investment centers, or projects within a company.
Sharing, Analyzing and Viewing Reports.
With Serenic Navigator, you can easily view organizational data graphically and also create Excel-based reports that use Serenic Navigator pages as data sources:
- Compelling Charts: To view business data graphically, you can create or edit charts using complicated metrics that work on large amounts of data in a more efficient way. Because the chart specifics (such as filtering) are not hard-coded, there is more flexibility in what you can display. Based on your query, you can retrieve data that is joined, aggregated, grouped, ordered, and filtered. You can also view data in list places as charts by choosing “Show as Chart,” and add the chart to Role Centers or FactBoxes.
- Excel Integration and Ad-Hoc Reporting: Send-to-Excel functionality is inherent throughout Serenic Navigator. When exporting, pivot tables are automatically created for immediate analysis and reporting. In addition, a refresh capability is available when creating ad-hoc reports in Excel. You can integrate with Excel to produce Excel-based reports that use Serenic Navigator pages as data sources. You can refresh the data in your Excel report to reflect updates that are made in Serenic Navigator. This makes it easier for more users to take advantage of the rich data in Serenic Navigator and the powerful analytical capabilities of Excel to create ad-hoc reports.
Insight Into Areas of Your Accounting Operation
Keep a constant eye on your organization’s accounting operation with real-time data metrics. Transaction drill-down capabilities let you quickly drill down into the data that makes up a specific transaction. Graphical displays such as charts and graphs and targeted analysis, including budget variances, spend rates and specific project costs, provide full transparency.
Q: What export options are available after pulling my reports?
A: You not only have online access to real-time data and reports, but you can export data to Excel and Word to further analyze and present the data or save as a PDF. This easy access with familiar programs lets you avoid juggling other cumbersome applications.
Q: How can I distribute reports, share information and collaborate with staff members?
A: You also have the ability to digitally distribute reports via email as a PDF, Word or Excel attachment, or upload to a central location. If you prefer the Excel toolset, you can utilize 3rd party products, like Jet Reports, to live link to your data with drill-down capability, natively export schedule views from Serenic Navigator to Excel, and leverage the ‘Refresh’ options to grab the latest figures. Link Sharing allows you to share a link to any page with other Serenic Navigator users, including filters, through Word, Outlook or OneNote, so when the user clicks the link, the page opens in Serenic Navigator. For collaboration, Limited Access users can grant real-time views to financials, budget comparisons, charts, graphs and more via the Web Client view or SharePoint. With native security settings in Serenic Navigator, you can restrict access to just those accounts that are applicable to the individual viewer.
Q: How do I use my account structure to report?
A: Your account structure is made up of several elements – the natural G/L account, a fund, and up to 8 dimensions – all of which can be used for reporting, either individually or in combination.
Q: What is a dimension?
A: A dimension is data that you can add to an entry as a kind of marker so that the program can group entries with similar characteristics and easily retrieve these groups for analysis purposes. Dimensions can be used throughout the program on entries in journals and documents, as well as budgets. Each dimension can have an unlimited series of dimension values that are sub-units of that dimension. For example, a dimension called Programs can have programs called Child Abuse Prevention, Homeless Shelters and so on as sub-units. These programs are dimension values. Dimensions and dimension values are user-defined and unlimited, which means you can create dimensions tailored to your organization’s needs and processes.
Q: How do my dimensions and attributes work in my account structure?
A: You can define dimensions, assign values and set up attributes to reflect your reporting and accounting needs; thereby spotting potential problems before they occur.