Serenic Navigator for International Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)
Managing an NGO with global programs, a wide range of funding sources and complex budgeting and reporting needs can be challenging. Effective use of funds, accuracy, timeliness and transparency all serve to reinforce your funders’ continued confidence.
Serenic Navigator for NGO is a comprehensive cloud ERP solution designed specifically for international non-governmental organizations. As a Gold Microsoft Alliance partner for Enterprise Resource Planning, Serenic Software can help you build best practices right into your workflow.
Award-winning Serenic Navigator is built upon the stable and scalable foundation of Microsoft Dynamics™ 365 Business Central business management system to provide world-class NGO accounting software and financial management capabilities. Serenic supports the software displaying in English (US), Spanish (Mexico), and French (France).
Moreover, Serenic Navigator for NGO integrates core functionality with the sector-specific functionality your NGO needs in a single software system, to reduce redundancy and discrepancies, and improve visibility, insight, productivity and accountability—from the CFO to the volunteers. The solution includes:
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Award Management
- Budget Management
- Payroll & Human Resources
- Analytics & Decision Support
- Deposits & Loans
- Field Connect
- Donor Management from DonorDirect
NEW position paper for NGOs – Catalyst for Change to Gain Financial Control is available in the NGO kit. Serenic Software offers a market-specific success kit for NGOs which includes a collection of material related to Serenic, our solutions and our customers. To gain access to Serenic Navigator for NGO kit, please click here.
Check out the Serenic blog for insights, ideas, and news.
A Selection of NGO Customers
Serenic Navigator for NGO:
From core fund accounting software to specialized financial management, Serenic Navigator will help you focus resources on your mission with efficiency and transparency.
- Multi-entity, multi-currency support to manage your various regional missions, fundraising and revenue-generating activities
- Consolidation of multiple companies and the ability to enter intercompany transactions; thereby eliminating multiple financial statements and data entry errors
- General ledger
- Integrated purchasing and accounts payable
- Comprehensive financial reporting, with flexible views for management, boards, donors, funding agencies, and auditors
Accurate, timely and compliant grant management is essential. Serenic Navigator for NGO automates the process so that you spend less time on paperwork, while increasing your chances of securing future awards with our robust grant management software.
- Pre-award estimates, budget integration, and document storage
- Post-award management of multi-year funding, obligations and program execution
- Expense monitoring to avoid over- or under-spending, including sub awardee expenses
- Compliance reporting
Streamline your budgeting process and then manage the entire budget lifecycle to ensure your strategic plans are executed as planned and on budget. Functionality includes:
- Budget preparation, including rollup of distributed budgets and what-ifs
- Real-time expense monitoring vs budget
- Administration of budget rules, modifications and approvals
Payroll is must be completed efficiently, accurately and on time, every time. Frequently, a NGO can have complex payroll and human resources challenges such as varying pay cycles, contracts, employment type regulations and calculations. Serenic’s payroll & human resources functionality helps you keep pace with the ever-changing needs of your workforce, including:
- Employee tracking
- Benefits administration and leave tracking
- Position control and compensation management
- Payroll processing, including direct deposit
- Compliance reporting and retirement calculations for federal, state, and local authorities
Analytics & Reporting helps you make better decisions, faster. Analytics allows you to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), track actuals vs budget or estimate, and answer ad hoc questions—with data broken out and sorted by department, award or funder, date range or any other criterion.
- Pre-configured standard dashboards for general ledger
- Access to dashboards on laptops, smartphones and tablets
- Drill-down to detail capabilities
- On-the-fly filtering, sorting, report development and saving of views
- Export to MS Excel, PDF, HTML, and email with the click of a button
To enhance Serenic Navigator for NGO beyond its core functionality and meet the differing needs of each organization, Serenic seamlessly integrates the following capabilities into customer-specific variations of Serenic Navigator for NGO:
NGOs may manage banking and account deposits, and offer financial management services for their clients, such as loans or micro-loans for capital projects. Serenic’s integrated Deposits & Loans module allows you to:
- Automatically calculate the loan interest and principal
- Define loan interest as simple or compound
- Automatically release loan proceeds through accounts payable
- Generate lines of credit or amortized loans
- Set up loan maximums based upon user-defined amounts
- Assign optional finance charges to overdue loan payments
Field Connect allows your remote users to enter simplified general journals with or without an internet connection. If the user is offline when entering their transactions, Serenic Navigator will synchronize between the Field Connect client and your main database the next time the user connects to the system. Accounting personnel at headquarters can revise, reject or post all or some of the transactions. Additionally, any Validation Rules will be enforced, even when working off-line. Field Connect allows your field worker with limited access to the internet to:
- View available funds, dimension values, GL accounts, vendors, customers, and bank accounts for use while working off-line
- Enter journal transactions and run reports at any time
- Be productive without formal accounting background.
Donors are the lifeblood of your nonprofit organizations or faith-based ministry. Serenic Software partners with DonorDirect™ to provide integrated capabilities from their solution, Studio Enterprise, including:
- Online donation processing and product sales
- Event registration
- Donor management CRM
- Communications management
- Volunteer management
- Inventory management of offerings
“We’re impressed with Serenic’s ability to offer both fund accounting and cost management as well as provide great management reporting. Our program management team can now focus more time on programmatic innovation.”
To gain access to the below documents, please click here for Serenic Software’s success kit.
- Serenic Navigator for NGO – Comprehensive ERP Solution for International Non-Governmental Organizations
- Serenic Analytics – Powerful business intelligence for high-value decision making
- International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
- Mercy Corps
- Partners in Health
- International Union for Conservation of Nature
- African Wildlife Foundation
- Partners in Health
- Missions on the Move – How the Right Technology Can Keep Global Organizations Connected
- 5 Key Reasons Why Great Financial Management Is So Important For Your Nonprofit Now
- Eliminate Audit Anxiety Whitepaper
- Key Factors in Grant Management, Control and Visibility Whitepaper